Is to ensure the flow of aeronautical data and aeronautical information necessary for Global Air Traffic Management (ATM) System safety, regularity, economy and efficiency in an environmentally sustainable manner. The role and importance of aeronautical data and aeronautical information changed significantly with the implementation of area navigation (RNAV), performance based navigation (PBN), airborne computer-based navigation systems, performance-based communication (PBC), performance based surveillance (PBS), data link systems and satellite voice communications (SATVOICE). Corrupt, erroneous, late or missing aeronautical data and aeronautical information can potentially affect the safety of air navigation.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and operational assistance to the departmental teams in delivering designated AIS services in accordance with National and/or International and ANS Departmental standards, policies, procedures, rules, regulations, directives or instructions and appropriate to customer requirements.
- Assist the Briefing team in input of flight plan data for aircrafts departing from ADAC airports.
- Assist the AIS teams in collection, collation, distribution and / or processing of aeronautical information for publication as required
- Adhere to Aviation Safety Management System and Quality Management System across all aspects of AIS for compliance to Civil Aviation regulations at all times.
- Identify and report any safety risks in accordance with the Safety Management System.
- Take necessary measures to adhere to the recommended corrective and preventive actions resulting from AIS audits.
- Collect, record and distribute of obstacles for Electronic Terrain Obstacle Data (ETOD).
- Create and distribute aeronautical information NOTAM.
- Prepare and disseminate aeronautical information i.e. flight plans, pre-flight information bulletin and flight information reports.
- Provide AIS services at Aerodrome Reporting Office (ARO).