To assist Air Traffic Control Officer in the provision of air traffic management to prevent collision between aircraft in the air/on the ground between aircraft and obstructions and expediting and maintaining an orderly flow of air traffic.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assist in organizing flight plans for aircraft entering assigned airspace.
- Monitor movement of aircraft on the ground and in the air, using surveillance systems (radar), computers, or visual references
- Provide information used for the control all ground traffic at airports, including baggage vehicles and airport workers
- Manage communications by transferring control of departing flights to traffic control centre and accepting control of arriving flights
- Provide information to all relevant stakeholders, such as weather updates, runway closures, and other critical information
- Coordinate the movement of aircraft within an assigned air space and on the ground at airports to minimize delays and maximize safety.
- Maintain radio and telephone contact with adjacent control towers, terminal control units, and other area control centers in order to coordinate aircraft movement.
- Monitor aircraft within a specific airspace, using surveillance systems (radar), computer equipment, and visual references.
- Alert airport emergency services in cases of emergency and when aircraft are experiencing difficulties.
- Initiate and coordinate searches for missing aircraft.
- Complete daily activity reports and keep records of messages from aircraft.